Nursery Assistant - Apprenticeship
Job type: Early Years Educator - Apprenticeship
Wage: GBP175 per week
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm shifts
Time spent in training: You are required to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week in training that supports your apprenticeship course
Course entry requirements: GCSEs at grade D/level 3 or above in English and Maths
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body or the Institute of Apprenticeships, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career, providing a concrete foundation for future growth.
Apprenticeship courses available: Early Years Educator Level 3
Course information: Early Years Educator Level 3
About the role:
A small independent nursery, run by an experienced and highly qualified teacher who is present, and part of, every day. The nursery is situated in a beautifully hand-crafted wooden interior, providing safe, attractive, warm surroundings for active minds to be at work in.
- Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Retail discounts
- Discounted travel
- 28 days holiday
Job duties and responsibilities:
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery and never be left unsupervised
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of a team
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to children in all age groups
- To ensure you attend training courses and staff meetings as required
- To follow the EYFS when caring for children
- To support and promote diversity and equality
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To be a reliable member of the team, arriving on time and keeping the Manager informed of any absence
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Be passionate about improving outcomes for all children
- Have a positive behaviour towards work
- Be polite and reliable
- Be kind and caring
- Be friendly and bubbly
At Apprenticeship Connect we take the time to get to know our applicants as individuals and understand their career aspirations, potential and skills. Our talent partners match our candidates to the best opportunities to help them flourish.
Apply now to begin your career.