Pension, Private Health care, 25 days holiday to name but just a few....
To train and assess intermediate and advanced hospitality apprentices on the knowledge, skills and behaviors required to pass their apprenticeship programmes.
- Visiting apprentices in their restaurant to teach and support them to achieve the required elements of their apprenticeship ensuring consistency and fairness.
- Teaching learners Functional Skills maths and English to the standard required to enable them to achieve their apprenticeship.
- To be able to deliver teaching, learning and assessment based on lesson plans and adapt plans to meet apprentices needs
- Prepare apprentices to achieve a successful end point assessment from our external end point assessment organisation.
- To maintain and increase the number of apprentices on programme
- Encourage apprentices progression through apprenticeship levels
- Ensure each apprentice receives the appropriate number of visits per year
- Complete telephone pre-screen of external applicants for apprenticeship positions
- Promote the apprenticeship brand both internally and externally
- To raise any safeguarding issues to the Education Programme Manager/Designated safeguarding officer
- Maintain and enhance relationships with apprentices and management teams
- Sign new apprentices onto the programme and start their learning journey
- Being responsible for their own continuing professional development
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of apprentices completing their programmes
- Number of leavers per year
- Maintaining or increasing caseload of learners
- Number of end point assessment pass or distinction grades
- Number of learners completing functional skills
The Ideal Candidate
- Already delivering in a similar role with experience of delivering inspirational coaching within the hospitality sector OR you have management/supervisory experience within the Hospitality sector
- GCSE maths and English grades C or above (9-4) or equivalent
- Level 3 teaching qualification (not essential)
- 2 A levels
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Planning and organising essential
- Self- starter
- Interpersonal skills
- Passionate about training/teaching
- Be able to coach and give feedback
- Must hold a full driving license and have access to a car
About The Company
The first PizzaHut Restaurant in the UK opened in Islington in the 70's to a pizza-craving nation, and now over 47 years later we are still serving the same fabulous pizzas (plus other delicious food) in over 240 restaurants, up and down the country serving the same pizza craving nation!
PizzaHutRestaurants have been on a huge journey of transformation, from complete re-images that incorporate full on bars in a selection of restaurants, to great new menu items and not forgetting, our legendary salad bar! To exceptional training that is tailored to you, yes you! To make sure you deliver the most amazing service and experience to our guests. Then there's our benefits package, offering everything from great rates of pay to flexible working and as an extra topping, some fantastic employee discounts.
We cannot think of a better place to work, can you?