Tempest Resourcing is a rapidly growing, market-leading recruitment consultancy and have established themselves as top Education & Social Work recruitment specialists. They are now looking for a Finance Apprentice to join their team!
This role is an opportunity to get experience working in payroll, credit control, purchase ledger and accounting. You will be required to do the following tasks within your role.
- Responsible for sending out statements to over 250 customers each month
- Dealing with requests for copy invoices from customers using the billing platform and sending to customers
- Weekly chasing of debtors of specific accounts both by email and phone and keeping the finance team up to date on problem debtors
- Dealing with emails - updating Sage with new emails of customers and adding new customer accounts
- Ensure all queries on accounting and Management Information issues are dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner
- Using the portals to retrieve supplier invoices and ensuring that all the supplier invoices are captured and reconciled against supplier statement
- Posting on Sage of purchase invoices
- Timesheet processing
- New Starters
- Complete administrative tasks as and when required for the Financial Controller.
- Banking Cheque’s
- To maintain manual and computer-based filing/scanning systems.
- Allocating Payments
- Assist with Bank Reconciliations
- Assist in Month End Management Accounts
- Vat Returns
- Knowledge of all M/S office package, particularly Excel
- Excellent time management & organisation skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive mind & willingness to learn
- Creative problem solver
- Working within a team
- Working to tight deadlines