An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprenticeship Coach to provide the vital link between an Apprentice, their employer and the apprenticeship delivery team. This is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week, and in return you will receive a competitive salary of GBP21,087 - GBP23,045 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 4 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley, one at Worthing and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Apprenticeship Coach, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
Key responsibilities of our Apprenticeship Coach:
- Motivate each individual learner within a caseload and monitor their progress
- Encourage each student to engage personal evaluation, reflection and target setting
- Set, in partnership with individual students, course teams and other stakeholders challenging SMART targets to support progression
- Fully utilise information systems to record, monitor and track learners within a cohort of tutees
- Rigorously track and monitor the attendance of each student within a cohort of tutees across all elements of their programme
- Identify student needs and facilitate access to appropriate services to support achievement
- Deliver and facilitate group activities which support the development of personal employability/work readiness skills, knowledge and skills
- Liaise with all involved in a student's chosen programme of study to address any concerns and support student success
- Comply with the relevant administration procedures and adhere to set deadlines for example individual reviews, UCAS, references and/or new measures of success
- Play a key role within the Student Journey supporting key aspects of college life
Our ideal Apprenticeship Coach should have the below skills and experience:
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Level 3 Coaching/Mentoring qualification or the willingness to work towards achievement
- Supporting students post 16
- Delivering learning advice to students in a 1:1 or group
- Administrative experience
- Understanding of the study needs and options and progression opportunities for post 16 learners
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word and PowerPoint
If you would like to learn more about our Apprenticeship Coach role then please click 'Apply' today!
Closing date: Thursday 14th November 2019
Interview date: Thursday 28th November 2019
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.