Tecnical Electrical/Electronic Apprentice
1 day left
• Engineering experience through education, especially practical (workshop) experience.
• Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience through education.
• Production of engineering drawings, especially in line with British Standard (BS) 8888
• Electrical Engineering experience through education, especially with regard to British and International Standards.
Typical duties could include:
• Electronic prototyping and wiring
• Designing Electronic equipment using CAD
• Ensuring that configuration management of designs are maintained
• Functional testing of units and fault finding
• Environmental testing of final product
• Attending offsite trials and demonstrations with the end user
Phase 1, Two year day release at college to gain HNC, supported by business area deployment in various departments to obtain a broad spectrum of experience.
Phase 2, One year day release at college to gain HND, supported by focused business area deployment.
Phase 3, Up to two years day release (1 year as an apprentice/1 year as an engineer following completion of 4 year scheme), at a local university, to gain a recognised Electrical/Electronic related degree supported by specialised business area deployment.
• You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 9-4 or equivalent, ideally including English, maths and science or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
• A-Levels in relevant subject area (e.g. Mathematics, Science, Technology) or
• Or Engineering Level 3 (or BTEC equivalent e.g. diploma or extended diploma).
• IT proficient (ideally Microsoft Office)
• A strong communicator, both written and verbal.