Financial Crime Apprenticeship
You want a fulfilling future
We’ll help you realise it
What it’s all about?
During your Apprenticeship, you’ll learn everything you need to pursue an exciting career in a rapidly expanding area, while earning a valuable and industry recognised qualification. As you develop, learn and grow, we’ll look to you as a trusted expert – ready to contribute to key projects alongside some of the most respected colleagues in the industry. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day, including terrorist activities, human trafficking and arms dealing. If you’re ready to be part of the solution, there’s no better place to make it happen.
This team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’ve developed a high performing and dynamic environment for crime prevention. It’s a small, close-knit team, where you’ll have an opportunity to make an incredible difference.
Throughout this 20-month programme, you can expect:
- A two-month induction course, aimed at giving you a solid foundation in Financial Crime as part of a small group
- An industry recognized ICA certificate and advanced certificate in Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- The chance to further learn and apply your knowledge in a number of disciplines across Financial Crime
- The apprenticeship scheme offers a permanent role with Santander. Following graduation you will have opportunities to further develop your career within Financial Crime.
What we’re looking for in you
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points or equivalent, from the new UCAS scoring methodology, including further education qualifications
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- An intellectually curious approach to work, and a flair for investigating trends, risks and opportunities
- The ability to form lasting relationships and influence colleagues at all levels
- The confidence to speak up, embrace change and seek innovative new ways of working
- A passion and commitment to bring about positive change in the wider community through the work of the financial crime team
Our people are passionate about truly listening to our customers to make banking more simple, personal and fair. And change like that doesn’t happen unless we all speak up with new ideas and challenge things that could be better. It’s a culture of respect, where everyone supports each other to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond – every day.
Realise your future. Apply today.