Apprentice Software Engineer
You will have an interest in Software Engineering, and a basic understanding of the aspects that it entails.
You will have a keen interest in how things work, and be motivated by creating software solutions for challenging problems.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Problem determination & resolution skills
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages would be an advantage
- Logical and careful approach to analysing requirements, creating appropriate designs and developing implementation solutions, as well as an understanding of the role of test in ensuring delivery of mature products.
- You will have the ability to learn, the desire to be part of a team and be able to cope with a very busy and demanding role.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet programme needs
An appreciation of financial aspects
You will have the ability to learn, the desire to be part of a team and be able to cope with a very busy and demanding rolePersonal qualities
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with a diverse range of colleagues
- Willingness to learn new concepts and skills
- Skilled in a hands-on environment
- Possess self-motivation
- Able to listen and absorb information
- Are friendly and considerate; happy to help out
- Accuracy is essential
Good self-organisation skillsDesired qualifications
You must have at least
5 GCSEs (A* to C) including Maths, English and Information & Communications Technology (or equivalent qualification)
A Levels / BTEC Level 3 in related subjectsFuture prospects LMUK has a number of career paths open to its employees, including technical, leadership, engineering and project management and independent research & development. Things to consider As part of a high-performance team, you must be enthusiastic, punctual and on occasion willing to put in extra hours (paid overtime). This apprenticeship will require successful candidates to be dedicated to their learning and solution provision. We will provide training and experience in exchange for your commitment. The Havant area is well-served by public transport; There is also parking on-site. This role requires a HM Government security clearance. In order to apply for a position requiring security clearance the applicant must meet the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting criteria.