Higher Engineering Apprenticeship in Product Design and Development
- Be interested in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- (Desirable) Extra-curricular activities, such as voluntary work or part time job
- (Desirable) Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Be strongly motivated to want to achieve an apprenticeship in engineering
- Have a good attendance record at school, college or work
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate values and behaviours
- Naturally inquisitive when it comes to understanding how things are made and function
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships, be naturally outgoing
5 GCSEs (or academic equivalents) at Grade C/Level 4 or above.
- Maths & English.
- A Science or Engineering subject
Plus at least one of the following:
- 2 A-Levels Maths & Science/Engineering subject (Grade C or above)
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate or Diploma in an Engineering Discipline
- Access to HE'; Qualification in an Engineering discipline
NOTE: You can apply with predicted grades. If you';re successful at the interview stage, the job offer will be conditional on you achieving the required grades before September.Future prospects
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you are very likely to be offered the opportunity to join an elite team and move onto the first skilled pay grade, as a full-time employee, with plenty of opportunity for long-term progression.
Depending on business needs and the level of competence you show, you may also get the chance to study for a degree relevant to your career advancement or equivalent qualification to help you further progress your skills and development.
Former apprentices now occupy many senior management positions within the organisation as career development is a key part of our apprenticeship scheme.