Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering - Manufacturing Support
- Possess good hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- Be interested in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- (Desirable) Extra-curricular activities, such as voluntary work or part time job
- Be strongly motivated to want to achieve an apprenticeship in engineering
- Have a good attendance record at school, college or work
- Possess good communication skills and demonstrate values and behaviours
- 5 GCSEs (or academic equivalents) at Grade C/Level 4 or above. Must include: Maths & English. A Science or Engineering subject
- Plus at least one of the following: 2 A-Levels Maths & Science/Engineering subject (Grade C or above)
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate or Diploma in an Engineering Discipline
- Access to HE'; Qualification in an Engineering discipline
- NOTE: You can apply with predicted grades. If you';re successful at the interview stage, the job offer will be conditional on you achieving the required grades before September.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you are very likely to be offered the opportunity to join an elite team and move onto the first skilled pay grade, as a full-time employee, with plenty of opportunity for long-term progression.
Depending on business needs and the level of competence you show, you may also get the chance to study for a degree relevant to your career advancement or equivalent qualification to help you further progress your skills and development. We';ll also encourage you to apply for Professional Engineering Status with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Former apprentices now occupy many senior management positions within the organisation as career development is a key part of our apprenticeship scheme