Full Degree Finance Apprentice
3 days left
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world. We bring together the best networks and technology with the expertise of our people. Making connections, creating new possibilities. This way businesses can grow, communities can flourish, and individuals can get more out of life. That’s the difference we make, every day.
We are offering A’ level school leavers the opportunity to join our Finance Apprenticeship Programme. The programme has been a great success and our initial intake have now passed a number of their examinations of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants whilst working full-time for BT, gaining valuable skills on their journey to becoming Chartered Management Accountants.
You can join them as we are recruiting again for our 2018 September intake. The successful candidates will be employed by BT in full-time finance roles suited to gaining experience to qualify as accountants and will be sponsored by BT in a study programme, designed in conjunction with BPP a leading accountancy training organisation. The study programme will equip you to undertake the examinations of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Upon completing the examinations and case studies, then submitting the experience record of your work with BT, successful candidates will be entitled to use the designation Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) and Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). Both are internationally recognised qualifications
Winner of the BPP award for best finance apprentice scheme 2015 and 2017, large employer category.
Our Finance CIMA Apprenticeship Programme is a unique opportunity. To be considered, you must:
- You will need to achieve(or have achieved) 3 A-Level qualifications with a minimum of B grade by September 2018 (or equivalent qualifications)
- In addition, have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade 6-9 (B or above) including English Language and Maths (or equivalent qualifications)
- Be totally committed to progressing to become a Chartered Management Accountant.
- Be seeking and ready for an accelerated finance programme to develop your skills.
What to Expect:
- You can expect to be offered full-time continuing employment with BT under the Finance Apprenticeship Programme starting in September 2018.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you will be supported through assisted study including generous study leave, tuition and examination fees paid.
- You will train for the examinations of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). There are a total of 16 CIMA examinations - under the current syllabus - consisting of 4 exams at Certificate Level, followed by 4 exams each at the Operational, Management and Strategic Level (3 objective test exams and 1 integrated case study).
- You will complete your Certificate Level exams within your first 18 months and you will complete the remaining exams during the following three years.
- Role rotations will provide you with experience in a number of different finance related jobs.
- We anticipate that full qualification (ACMA, CGMA) can be achieved after approximately 4.5 years.
- You will be paired with mentors, qualified ACMAs from within BT.
- Within a short time after qualification you will be expected to be appointed into Finance Manager roles within BT and from there to wherever your ambition takes you.
What we Offer:
- Competitive starting salary with progression on successful completion on CIMA exams
- 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Free broadband (and BT Vision and BT Sport for £1)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the BT Sharesave scheme
- Discounts from other companies on everything from insurance to computing equipment
- Sponsored CIMA qualification
- Study leave for professional exams