Apprentice Cost Estimator Engineer
Weekly wage £300.00
Working week 7.30am or 8.30am start to 4.00pm or 5.00pm finish (flexible hours) at the company 4 days per week, plus one day per week during college times. Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 2 years Possible start date 23 Apr 2018 Date posted 24 Jan 2018 Distance 142.2 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001353034 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You must have already completed your level 2 engineering apprenticeship and should already have either completed your level 3, or close to finishing this.
- A strong and confident background in mechanical engineering
- Able to use various IT applications - Excel, email, Powerpoint, Spitfire (CAD), Estimating software
- Previous estimating experience - even if in a different component
- Good written and verbal communications
- Good numeracy skills
- A can-do and want-to attitude
- Desire to learn and work towards a successful career
Previous mechanical engineering qualifications - Level 2 and Level 3 apprenticeship (or close to finishing), GCSE grades A-C in English, Maths, ICT and ScienceFuture prospects Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to be involved with Project Engineering or Senior Estimating. Things to consider You will be required to attend college one day per week, for two years, as part of this apprenticeship. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for 21-24 year olds and £7.50 for anyone aged 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).