Tech Academy - Junior DevOps Engineer
As a business with substantial growth ambitions we're taking a proactive approach to growing our own technical talent. One of the ways in which we're doing this is through our Tech Academy, which aims to up skill passionate technologists - who have some experience with Linux, Systems Administration, or Tech Support - with the skills needed to become a DevOps Engineer.
What you'll do...
- The first 6 weeks of the Tech Academy are spent doing taught and hands-on learning covering the technical topics outlined below. The course content will be taught by one of our own market-leading Engineers.
- We have allocated 10% of your time in this first 6 weeks to be spent in your allocated squad (team) to provide you with the opportunity to get used to the products/services you will be working on following the training course.
- Subsequent to the 6 weeks training course we will run help clubs each Friday to provide an opportunity to focus on any specific learning needs you have identified from your time in squad.
What you will learn:
- Configuration Management and Version Control Systems. Learn to configure systems in an automated, repeatable way, using technologies like Chef and Git.
- Software Engineering Principles. Learn how software is designed, written, and supported in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Monitoring, Availability, Performance and Scaling. Find out how we monitor and support our systems, test their performance and scale them to meet demand, using technologies such as Prometheus.
- Cloud Systems. The cloud is increasingly important to us; we'll cover how to run systems on AWS and the unique challenges that it brings.
- Automation, Continuous Integration and Deployment. Automation helps us spend more time on the things that really matter. Learn to automate deployments and other common tasks using tools like Jenkins and Knife.
- Operations, Networking, and Security. Writing great software isn't enough; we need to keep it running, and keep our systems secure to protect our customers. We'll make sure you're ready to deal with the day to day and the worst-case scenario.
- Kanban and Agile Ways of Working. Technology is important to us, but not as important as people. We work in an agile way and we'll help you learn to do the same.
- And lots more???
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 700,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.