IT Security Apprentice - 14346
- We are looking for candidates who have a keen interest in the area of IT Security and are able to react appropriately to security incidents in a way that does not adversely affect RWE's operations is important, using the IT Security team for guidance.
- You must be motivated and able to take the initiative to learn about the security controls
- An individual who thrives on self-study, research and applying knowledge gained from the modules studied in your apprenticeship programme
- The ability to work effectively to plan and prioritise activities
- Have strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively in supporting the wider team is important.
- Enthusiasm to keep up to date with the latest IT security news and technologies to further your knowledge
- There would be an opportunity to visit RWE's UK and European locations so willingness for some ad-hoc travel would be important.
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.Desired qualifications
To apply you must have a Software Developer Level 3 qualification or an equivalent qualification
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Existing staff must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject
(Or equivalents)Future prospects
Possible progression within the company.Things to consider
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."