Technical Support Apprentice
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- Understanding and exposure to Windows operating systems
- Some exposure to or interest in Microsoft SQL Server: Transact-SQL and SQL Administration
- Understanding of enterprise applications and Microsoft environments
- Exposure to or knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, WMI, Single Sign On
- Ability to learn WebLogic, or alternative application servers - Jboss, Websphere
- Ability to learn virtualisation - VMWare vSphere, Citrix
- Interest in or the ability to learn programming and debugging
- Some understanding or experience of contact Centre Software/Solutions
- Understanding of the customer technical support function or a previous customer facing role, with good interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
- Effective and efficient problem solving skills - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-oriented outlook
- Possess a strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work and resolve issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Be able to follow current processes, and be proactive to identify process enhancements, to be flexible in achieving objectives.
- Able to be professional and have timely management of personal work load covering multiple problems
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and current 3rd party platform versions, including Verint products.
- Excellent organisational skills and work ethic
- Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques (e.g. WebEx)
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above including English and Maths.Future prospects
96% of Arch apprentices move straight into the destination of their choice when they finish their apprenticeship with many seeing their salary go up immediately post-apprenticeship!Things to consider
Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself:
Do I live close enough to London that I could commute there and back every day?
Do I meet the qualifications required for this role?
Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months?
Do I want to work in the IT Network industry and have I researched into it?