IT Support Apprentice
6 days left
Annual wage £15,000.00 - £20,000.00
Working week Monday - Friday Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 13 Apr 2018 Date posted 20 Feb 2018 Distance 215.6 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001364326 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Good phone manners.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware (memory, CPUs, hard drives, motherboards, etc).
- Strong knowledge of Windows. Linux or OSX operating systems a plus.
- Understanding of the internet from a user POV.
- Strong organisational skills and initiative.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of configuring network appliances via a command line.
- Knowledge of CIDR IP subnetting and routing.
- Experience of network security appliances
- Understanding of VOIP.
- Trouble shooter.
- A desire to help and to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations.
- Attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude.
- A strong team player.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in order to deal with the needs of the business politely and efficiently.
- An ability to work to deadlines.
- Minimum 5 GCSE's Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.