ATA Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship; Throughput Screening Technician - Pfizer
- Good foundational knowledge of organic chemistry
- Strong learning aptitude; desire and ability to learn organic chemistry, new techniques and to embrace new working approaches
- Rational and creative approach to problem solving. Ability to apply learning from prior
- experience to new situations as well as trying new and untested approaches to solve problems
- Enthusiastic attitude and approach to team work. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within high performing teams as well as independently.
- Ability to evaluate information from a broad range of sources, draw sound conclusions and
- propose next steps.
- Communicates verbally and in written form with clarity and purpose.
- Ability to handle change and respond to change management processes
- Communicate effectively using a full range of skills: speaking; listening; writing; body language; presentation.
- Understanding and commitment to Science
- Self-driven and hardworking; able to set personal goals which are both realistic and challenging.
You should possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) - grades A - C including Science, Maths and English.
A minimum of 80 UCAS points (New Tariff System) from at least 2 A-level subjects, one in Science - preferably Chemistry, plus another science and/or Maths - or equivalent, e.g. BTEC National Diploma, IB or VCE.Future prospects
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.Things to consider
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace.
The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study.
Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http://www.traveline.info/
All applications to be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer.