Higher Apprentice Commercial
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
For over 150 years our name has been synonymous with innovation. Inventions like porous asphalt and self-levelling concrete have helped shape the world we live in. Now we are helping to reshape it, with new solutions to overcome new challenges.
A career at Tarmac isn’t just a job, it’s a chance to shape the world we live in. Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant hands on experience, first class learning and development, and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
At Tarmac, we believe our people are our business. We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Joining our team as a Higher Apprentice: Commercial you will be entitled to a competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development opportunities
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Commercial Higher Apprentice you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated.
You will have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at Grade C or above plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at A /AS level
What might my programme entail?
The role of Commercial Higher Apprentice will be reporting to the Internal Sales Manager and form part of the Commercial team covering TBP throughout the UK
- You will be supporting the TBP Sales and Service Strategy by acquiring, growing and retaining customer portfolio through effective account management activities. You would be responsible for providing excellence in Customer Service and Sales negotiation. Verifying account plans for agreed customers in territory and support account management plans of key customer accounts
- You will consistently drive customer excellence in line with The Tarmac Way ensure that we cover all services provided to the customers and the support required for the external teams.
- Be responsible for the tracking and reporting of sales performance, the monitoring of adherence to internal standards and achievement of targets.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Commercial Higher Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!