Higher Apprentice Technical: Building Products
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovate services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity. Our unique combination of people, technology and assets enables us to collaborate with customers to offer unrivalled choice, innovation and flexibility
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Technical Higher Apprentice you will need to be enthusiastic, well organised, and self-motivated. You will have 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at Grade C or above plus 80 UCAS points or equivalent at A /AS level
What might my programme entail?
This role is part of the Technical team within the Mortar business, closely connected with the operational & commercial functions. The team is heavily focused on product performance, to ensure both operational and customer expectations are met. The Technical Apprentice will work closely with the team and develop skills and knowledge to grow into Product Support Manager and beyond.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely with Area Technical functions & Technical & Quality Coordinator, provide support to control and maintain the quality of all raw materials and products produced at mortar factories in the prescribed areas in accordance with current European standards, company and BSI requirements.
- To provide strong communication links to the TBP laboratory network to allow control and governance of process.
- Customer support - To provide a technical presence at customer sites when necessary in the event of any issue arising
- Working closely and alongside the Continuous Improvement team, support continuous improvement projects when necessary.
- Adhering to SHE policies and promoting H&S culture at all times
- Achieving relevant qualification including:
- City & Guilds in Concrete Technology and or NVQ level 2 Labs and Technical
- a Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Health, Safety and Environmental Management in the Extractives and Mineral Processing Industries, specialising in Concrete Technology
- University of Derby Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Higher Apprenticeship Framework Completion Certificate
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Commercial Higher Apprentice, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!