Building Services Apprentice Engineer
The Maidenhead Building Services team is looking for 2 Apprentices to provide technical support for Senior Engineers on a wide variety of projects. Work will include all aspects of building services design work and drawing production under supervision.
The successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work for Europe’s largest engineering design consultancy and to work on some of London’s most iconic buildings.
Apprentices will be supported through on the job training & mentoring provided by our experienced team of engineers. Apprentices will also undertake day release towards further accredited academic qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND & BEng).
- There are two apprenticeships being offered, either a 5 year BEng or a 2 year HNC/HND level apprenticeship.
- There will be a combination of practical on the job training and also academic study.
- Up to 5 year programme of supervised training and college/university day release leading to industry recognised academic qualification.
- Candidates required to carry out college work during their own time. Assignments and revision for exams will be in addition to direct learning hours at college.
- To apply you must be 18 or over, living in England and not in full time education, as per the apprenticeship guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide
Outline of role
Working within a team environment under the supervision of senior personnel:
- To provide drawing and general technical support to the Maidenhead Building Services team. Work will include the design of:
- heating, ventilation & cooling systems,
- electrical, lighting, IT & AV and security systems,
- public health systems,
- environmental & sustainability,
- vertical transportation systems.
- To be able to work in close collaboration with team members of other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
- Work with engineers to produce accurate drawings.
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent Level 3 qualification including maths and one science related subject.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A* - C (9 – 4) including english, maths and at least one science/technology related subject.
- Desire to work on the design of sustainable buildings.
- Experience of working in a team environment desirable but not essential.
- Experience with working in Microsoft Office and computer aided design (CAD) software desirable but not essential.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and clients and to produce clear and concise reports.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development.
- Active interest in buildings and the built environment.