Supply Chain Apprentice Purchasing/Procurement
- This role requires a confident, highly motivated individual, determined to succeed in a busy and rewarding engineering focused environment.
- The ideal candidate will have an esquiring mind, respond enthusiastically to guidance and be able to both acquire skills rapidly and put them into practice quickly.
- The ability to communicate and establish highly effective relationships within the workplace and with suppliers Is essential.
- Personal Organisation, including good time management, a demonstrated ability to learn quickly together with a willingness to take on challenging assignments will underpin success.
- A passion to perform with excellence is vital.
- Prior experience of any work in or related to Supply Chain or Procurement would be desirable.
- An interest in the UK Defense Industry is highly desirable.
- This apprenticeship requires a minimum of A-levels or equivalent qualifications.
- Depends on progression through programme.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for 21-24 year olds and £7.50 for anyone aged 25 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
This is due to increase to £3.70 from the 1st of April 2018.