Marsh Apprentice - Trainee Client Advisor
Are you seeking an Apprenticeship opportunity and the chance to gain further qualifications whilst working on the job? Are you looking to build a rewarding and challenging career with the world’s leading insurance broker and risk manager? Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills, coupled with an ability to manage multiple priorities against tight deadlines?
Our Marsh Apprenticeship Scheme in a number of our UK offices (Norwich, Milton Keynes, Maidstone, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow), starting in October 2018, will give you the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients. This programme will provide you with a solid foundation in the insurance industry and the chance to study for professional qualifications!
With a strong focus on delivering outstanding customer service, you will work with a range of clients from independent traders to national, blue-chip corporations, to meet their insurance requirements and risk management solutions. Partnering with and supporting colleagues (including Client Managers and Executives), you will provide assistance with insurance queries and renewals, document issues and case planning.
We also have other opportunities focused on data management, Management Information and Analytics if this is an alternative route you wish to consider.
- Request and analyse underwriting information
- Prepare and submit market presentations and slips (as required) under direction from the Client Executive and/or Team Leader
- Collate renewal terms from Insurers and summarise for the Client Executive
- Identify trends in market and competitor data and submit to Client Executive and/or Team Leader
- Manage premium billing, collection, settlement in accordance with company targets
- Produce and/or request Insurer documentation as per legislative and regulatory requirements
- Prepare renewal invitations and letters as requested
- Issue Summaries of Insurance from placement information under direction
- Act as first point of contact within service team for day to day client insurance queries
- Amend changes to risk during the life of the policy if necessary
- Attend Insurer meetings as requested
Qualification & Skills:
- A Level or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 120 UCAS points (new tariff) or 240 UCAS points (old tariff)
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths (essential), English (essential) and ICT (desirable)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ambitious and hard working
- Team player
- Willingness to complete industry qualification (CII)
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With 60,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue exceeding US$13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer, a leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a leader in management consulting. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal, or on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.