Apprentice Dairy Technologist (EDEN)
- The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A desire to learn with great passion for the dairy industry
- Great attention to detail
- GCSE English, Maths (Higher) and Science at grade C (level 5) or equivalent
- 1 A-level or equivalent qualifications or dairy industry experience
Possible full time employment with continued professional development.Things to consider
This role will include residential release to complete some elements of your training; therefore applicants must be prepared to live away from home during the residential element at college.
Successful applicants will need to be flexible as the role will be based at one of our sites initially and then rotated across our Market Drayton, Minsterley and Telford sites to gain skills across different areas of the business.
The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).