PR & Communications Apprentice
Annual wage £21,811.00
Working week Monday-Friday; 9am-5pm Total hours per week: 37.00 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 11 Jun 2018 Date posted 21 Mar 2018 Distance 46.4 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001373666 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Junior experience or understanding of working in a communications setting, with some knowledge of at least one of the following: marketing, media relations, digital social media, stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to use digital analytics and traditional media tools to evaluate activity and provide performance reports.
- Good written, editorial, social media engagement and oral communications skills with an understanding of what makes a good news story and interesting, accessible content.
- Good internal and external relationship management skills, with ability to develop good working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to take a vocational qualification in communications.
- Ability to quickly develop good planning, project and time management, and to work on own initiative and in team to effectively support projects.
- GCN - Insight: Core
- GCN - Ideas: Core
- GCN - Implementation: Core
- GCN - Impact: Core
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Making Effective Decisions
- Leading and Communicating
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in English Language or equivalent
- GCSE: 9 to 4 (formerly A* to C) in Maths or equivalent
Future employment opportunities available on completion, depending on performance.Things to consider
The successful candidate will be put onto the Public Relations & Communications Assistant Standard at the earliest opportunity.