Systems Engineer Apprentice - 14713
Skills required for this role: (These are desirable and will be gained in the role)
- Network implementation and design experience; Ethernet, FCoE, Fibre channel.
- Exposure to VM and cloud based computing.
- Workstation/server configuration/maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Windows/Linux file permissions hierarchy.
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS 5+6, Windows 7, 8, Server 2008/2012.
- In depth knowledge of industry encryption and security standards.
- Knowledge of secure SAN environment e.g. SNFS/CXFS.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Electronic delivery mechanisms and workflows.
- Digital Cinema Mastering - workflows and toolsets.
- Editorial/Transcode and Broadcast file based workflows.
- Software development team management.
- Scripting languages/web hosted services - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Hardware and software engineering.
- Office IT administration.
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.Desired qualifications
• A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
For any City and Guilds programmes the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
“QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”