Customer Service Advisor-Swansea Contact Centre Level 3 Financial Services Apprenticeship
Working as a Customer Service Advisor you’ll answer calls from our customers and take the hassle out of banking for them. Our customers call us for all sorts of reasons and tell us they want their requests dealing with speed, certainty and empathy, so these are key skills we look for. It could be anything from helping them pay everyday bills to saving for something special. Taking a genuine interest by building rapport and asking open questions is what our customers look for.
This is a full time role. Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential. What we’re really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers. Everything else we can teach you!
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Advisor?
- Engaging with a wide range of customers over the telephone
- Delivering outstanding customer service by successfully responding to questions and queries, showing your passion and dedication along the way
- Identifying suitable products and making recommendations to suit customers’ requirements
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too
- We’re here when our customers need us so you’ll need to be flexible in the hours you work. We operate various shift patterns and our centre is open between 7am and 12am, 7 days a week.
An Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Service (equivalent to NVQ Level 3)
- You will achieve a Certificate in Retail Banking Conduct of Business (CertRBCB)
- You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successful assessed against an established national framework
- The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Customer Services role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you.
What’s in it for you?
You will continue your learning and development by completing the Level 3 Financial Service Apprenticeship with dedicated learning time. You'll start on a minimum salary of £17,250 and since we're passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough training programme over your first 12 months. In exchange for this we will ensure you receive incremental pay raises over 12 months that take your salary to a minimum of £18,250 (subject to performance).
From the moment you join our team, on top of a competitive salary, you will also receive the following benefits package:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays – with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family
- A market-leading pension scheme
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- A dress-down policy, so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
- *Pension core contribution of 10% on first £20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over £20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
In Swansea Contact Centre We can also offer you great onsite facilities, such as an on-site restaurant, free parking, and internet cafe and games room.
To be successful, you will:
- Have minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics
- A genuine passion to deliver a superior customer experience
- Have a desire to deliver a personalised, friendly and efficient service at all times
- Have strong communication skills so you have effective conversations with customers and build professional rapport with anyone
- Seek to continuously improve and learn, and be willing to complete some studying outside of working hours
- Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential.
Due to the nature of our Apprenticeship we will only accept applications from candidates who do not have a finance related qualification above level 3 and/or have not completed a level 3 apprenticeship in financial services.
Do you want a career rather than just a job? Then join HSBC, a truly global organisation.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.