Digital and Technology Solutions – IT Consultant (Infor SunSystems Apprentice Support Consultant)
Sapphire Systems is looking for an ambitious and energetic candidate to work as part of the company’s global Infor SunSystems team based out of our London offices. This is a chance to join the world's leading Infor and SAP Business One partners.
Working with the Infor SunSystems product set as junior consultant, you will be taking on the challenge of delivering systems that meet the very high standards demanded by us and our clients.
This is the ideal job role for someone who is passionate about and looking for a career in technology but you will also have a desire for helping people. You will be helping over 500 customers to run more efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring the correct operation of Infor SunSystems software and Sapphire software systems via the telephone and online.
- Analyzing data and generally offering help and guidance;
- Poviding alternative solutions where technical and functional constraints impede the business process;
- Producing and maintaining customer specific documentation;
- Advising existing and prospective clients in their best use of Infor SunSystems software and Sapphire software;
- Provision of knowledgebase material for the ‘Sapphire Online Support System’;
- Performing administration tasks associated with the support service
- Participating in testing for all new service packs and patch sets of the Infor SunSystems and Sapphire software;
- Reviewing and testing new releases of Infor SunSystems;
- Reviewing & testing of all new potential 3rd party add-ons and internal development work as and when the need arises
- A positive and inquiring attitude plus good problem solving skills would be an advantage
- Application training will be provided
- Skills development gained via participation and guidance within the support team
Any of the following:
- Three A-levels with grades of ABB in rigorous subjects
- International Baccalaureate 32 points
- BTEC D*DD
- Minimum of GCSE grade B in maths or equivalent.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
The chance of full time, permanent employment at Sapphire Systems if the candidate does well throughout their Degree Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Sapphire Systems is an established global provider of world-leading ERP, financial and business management software - offering solutions, services and 24hr support to over 950 customers worldwide.
The company is a leading partner for Infor SunSystems and SAP Business One. Founded in 1993, and with offices in the UK, USA, Australia and Asia, Mexico and the Philippines, Sapphire offers extensive knowledge and experience of global implementations.
Employer Sapphire Systems Plc
Queen Mary University of London is one of the world’s leading universities, with first-class academics delivering inspirational teaching informed by their latest research. Queen Mary are one of the 24 leading UK universities represented by the Russell Group, that are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience, excellent graduate employability and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
You will be studying towards a BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions degree over a four year period, combining campus-based and work-based learning. Degree Apprentices study alongside fulltime students, and receive some additional support tailored to their specific needs e.g. through measures such as Skype sessions with Teaching Assistants, “online office hours” for key staff, and employability-linked support to help the Degree Apprentices understand the links between their study and employment and implications for their personal and professional development.
For campus-based modules, strategies include lectures, lab and tutorial sessions, practical and library-based research, presentations and group work. For work-based modules, learning materials comparable to those for the equivalent campus-based module are provided, along with appropriate additional study guidance.