HR Apprentice Level 5
- Emotional intelligence
- Effective verbal communication skills - able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and to tailor language used to the customer
- Diplomatic - able to provide information and support to managers and staff in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Organised and able to prioritise workload
- Excellent written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Precise - able to complete tasks accurately
- Approachable and professional
- Flexible - able and very willing to work flexibly across a range of tasks
- Enjoys problem solving
- Confident and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Able and willing to deal with difficult situations
- Experience of working in an HR environment
- Experience of extracting and manipulating data from databases
- Basic understanding of employment legislation including equal opportunities
Complete initial assessments and attend an interview.
Required to be qualified to at least level 3 in a HR related subject area, (A levels, NVQ or CIPD Foundation Certificate). Also required Grade C or above, or equivalent, in GCSE Maths and English.
You would need to be employed in a suitable HR role, however, prior experience and assessment can be taken into account and working at least 30 hours per week.Future prospects
This apprenticeship will provide an excellent platform for the selected individual to progress further in a Human Resources career.