Building Services Design Engineer Degree Apprentice
To be a building services technician you should:
- Have good numerical/maths skills
- Have good literacy and ability to write reports
- Able to manage own time and ability to prioritise at busy times
- Be creative and practical
- Be adaptable and persevering
- Be interested in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
- Be able to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
- Be able to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Work well with other people
- Have excellent communication skills
You should be able to demonstrate that you are
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Well Presented
- A Level BBC or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Our apprenticeship opportunities are permanent with the initial stage running over a two / three year period during which time you will undertake a supervised programme of training and university day release which leads to Technician Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE). Subject to overall performance to gain the full range of competence's to progress and attend University to attain Chartered Engineer status.
Things to consider
Please note: If you are not successful for this role, London South Bank University may contact you regarding other Degree Apprenticeship roles that come up.