Office 365 / Power BI / Sharepoint Software Developer Apprentice
- You will be focused on Office 365 / Power BI / SharePoint. You will contribute to administering the environment, developing and improving processes & functionality; and providing mentoring and training to end users
- You will also develop new Office 365 / Power BI / SharePoint solutions and integrate to other systems as required
- You will effectively support the Office 365 / Power BI / SharePoint environment
- Ensure correct configuration
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
- Provide guidance and assistance to users based upon your knowledge and experience
- You will work closely with the Technical Specialist in developing and maintaining process improvements and automation, using SharePoint and other tools available to you
- You will provide end user documentation and training as required to ensure these new tools are used as effectively as possible
- Office 365introduces a new way of working and completely changes the way we look at technology in the Microsoft space. Office 365 is a way to take parts of Microsoft products and put them together in order to provide the user with a ready to use solution
- SharePoint is one of the components of Office 365. The online version of SharePoint is a server technology designed to drive collaboration and communication in the workplace through its real time co-authoring capabilities on documents stored in libraries. It also is a content management systems (CMS) that helps streamline the process for creating and maintaining intranets and websites
- Power BI is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn unrelated sources of data into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights. Data may be an Excel spreadsheet, or a collection of cloud-based and on-premises hybrid data warehouses. Power BI lets you easily connect to data sources, visualize and discover what's important
- Working to support the MOD in the Portsmouth area, the role will be primarily based at Whale Island but may be required to travel to other locations
Requirements and prospects
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, CSS and ASP.NET
- Experience of working with Microsoft SharePoint 2016 would be beneficial
- Experience with using Office 365, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written including technical documentation
- Working with Microsoft Power BI
- A high level of interest in IT and a keenness to learn more
- Must be a team player with a hands-on approach and open to talking on all types of projects and tasks required to support the systems
- Motivated to learn about the business needs and how we can help
- Adaptive and a positive attitude to challenges
- Must have interpersonal skills to work within a client facing environment
- Must have initiative and drive to work to objectives with limited support
- GCSE or Functional Skills certificate - maths Grades A - C or 4 - 9 or Pass*
- GCSE or Functional Skills certificate - English Grades A - C or 4 - 9or Pass*
- Qualifications in Science, Engineering or Technology, Computer Science or achieved the Level 3 Software Development Technician apprenticeship
*Equivalent qualifications accepted.
- Once apprenticeship has been completed then they may be a full-time role with the business and further development
Things to consider
- The company is located within the Portsmouth Naval Base, so you need to hold UK nationality and undertake a UK Security Clearance
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free parking
- Company pension
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour.This applies to 16-18-year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.