CIMA Graduate Finance Apprentice
You will be part of the UK Finance team in the London Office and will be expected to commit to completing your qualification with us and in return, you can expect us to support you in achieving that.
You must have:
- Degree level education.
- Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- Previous experience of studying accountancy at GSCE, AS or A Level is desirable however, not essential.
The programme requires the post holder to diligently undertake the apprenticeship training programme as set out in the WaterAid apprenticeship agreement and the agreement with the Finance Training Provider. This will enable the apprentice to understand and assist in the operation of an effective finance function by carrying out tasks in an accurate and timely manner, in line with policies and procedures.
In line with the learning and training programme, additional responsibilities include:
- To perform activities, as detailed in the scope and dimensions below, to the highest standard of accuracy and within agreed timescales to ensure the efficient and effective processing of finance information.
- To complete tasks to ensure information within the accounting system is complete and accurate.
- To perform tasks in accordance with the organisation’s UK finance policies and procedures in order to maintain a strong system of internal control.
- To contribute to the development and improvement of processes and procedures, as tasks are undertaken and suggesting effective solutions to issues as they arise.
- To store, retrieve and archive information in line with departmental procedures to ensure that information is accessible for other staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the finance team and other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources.
Typically, the apprentice will be involved in the following:
- Posting journals in the accounting system for accruals, prepayments and other adjustments to the monthly accounts.
- Reviewing income and expenditure recorded in the communications and fundraising cost centres for completeness and accuracy.
- Producing financial reports for donors as required by the fundraising team.
- Reviewing and uploading budgets to the financial planning system during the annual planning process.
- Reviewing and uploading quarterly forecasts to the financial planning system.
- Providing training and support to budget holders on finance policies and processes.
- Reconciling intercompany transactions between WaterAid federation members and preparation of invoices when necessary.
- Reviewing quarterly income and expenditure reports and cash requests from WaterAid federation members.
- Participate in face to face or virtual budget holder meetings.
- Any other activities which are commensurate with the grade as required by the Finance Business Partner – Communications & Fundraising.