Graduate Accounts Trainee - Starting as soon as possible!
The successful candidate will be working as part of an accounts team of 6 people, including 5 other graduate trainees. You will take immediate responsibility for assisting with day to day accounts work, including dealing with book keeping, VAT returns and management accounts. This will include providing compliance and advice services to a wide range of businesses.
You must have:
- 2.2 or above degree in any discipline.
- 3 A levels, with grade BBB or higher (or equivalent), including Mathematics and excluding General. Studies
- Grade B or higher in GCSE Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent).
Duties will include:
- Bookkeeping - Processing sales and purchase invoices in Sage Line 50 or Xero. Other tasks will eventually include reconciling bank accounts and posting journals.
- VAT – Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Financial accounts preparation – assist in the preparation of accounts files in Caseware
- Audit – Support audit seniors by performing various tasks on audit assignments
In time, as your experience grows, you will be more heavily involved in the production of statutory accounts and audit work. You will be required to meet with clients alongside other members of the team and maintain the high quality service Wisteria provides to its clients. As well as training on the job, full study support will be provided towards obtaining the ACA qualification, under training contract provisions. This includes relevant professional training, study and exam leave. The role offers the opportunity to obtain experience working for a small practice working on a large number of clients.