Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician
3 days left
Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician:
Baltic Apprenticeships are delighted to be working in partnership with SOCOTEC, the UK's leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, with comprehensive solutions in:
- Compliance Services
- Laboratory & Analytical Services
- Building Control
Due to continued success, SOCOTEC are currently looking to expand their team through the addition of a new IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice at their office in Burton Upon Trent!
If you're looking to build up your experience and begin a career in IT, this is an excellent opportunity for you. The ideal candidate will be passionate about IT and eager to develop themselves.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Typical roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management System, from both phone calls and incoming emails
- Be responsible for formal call logging, producing clear descriptions relating to users problems and ensuring timely and efficient solutions
- Carry out first line fixes when taking a call such as password resets and drive mappings
- Recognise when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- Configure and test new IT and communications equipment prior to install at customer site
- Work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients.
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by both Baltic Apprenticeships and SOCOTEC.
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
- IT literate
- Self-motivated & well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A basic knowledge of how a PC works and what the components are
- A keen eye for detail
- Grade 4/C GCSE or equivalent in Maths, English and ICT
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- Salary of GBP8,416 per annum
- 39 hours per week with a half hour lunch break each day
- 22 days holiday entitlement per year, increasing by one day each anniversary until a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme or auto enrolment
- Employee benefits portal
- Cycle to work scheme
- Reward & recognition scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Annual employee engagement survey
Full training and qualifications provided by SOCOTEC and Baltic Apprenticeships.
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
For more information on the Eligibility Criteria for an Apprenticeship, please follow this link...... click apply for full job details