PepsiCo UK Industrial Placement - Data Science & Analytics
5 days left
You've learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world's biggest brands. From day one, you'll be working on projects that matter. You'll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We're home to some of the world's favourite brands, such as Walkers, Pepsi Max, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos, Pipers, Naked, Copella, Lipton, Monster Munch and 7UP to name just a few! Our business covers the full product lifecycle from creating new flavours in our labs to dreaming up ad campaigns and delivering packs to stores. There's plenty in between too.
We build brands we are really proud of and we have a mission to create more smiles with every sip and bite. Here at PepsiCo we think like entrepreneurs. We voice opinions fearlessly. We celebrate diversity and differences. We care about growing sustainably. And we get a lot of free Doritos.
We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduates to join our Data Science & Analytics team in our Research & Development team based in Leicester a 12 month placement programme.
'I was welcomed by the friendly yet hard working and professional environment that is central to PepsiCo's culture. My work at PepsiCo has filled me with a great sense of pride and they have definitely helped me prepare for my final year at University as well as whatever my future career may hold.'
- Sophie Clark
At PepsiCo innovation takes centre stage. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the world. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence -will drive our growth both now and in the future.
Working in our Data Science & Analytics team, your role will be to support project managers general statistical analysis (i.e. design, evaluation, development and analysis of experiments, and sampling regimes), and data science related requests (i.e. tool generation, data manipulation and handling, and programming as required) across all functions. It's truly an amazing opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- You will be able to Influence the use of statistical tools across the organisation to drive more efficient use of data and better decision-making.
- Liaising with technical experts locally and globally, external resources (universities, consultants etc) and using literature searches to deliver key aspects of work streams. Leverage internal and external resources to identify, implement, and sustain new ways to analyse and interpret data to better enable the organization to deliver against required business results.
- Manage the storage of data and knowledge management systems for the Global Data Science & Analytics team.
- Communication (written and verbal) of project updates to Line Manager, peers and key project stake holders (including R&D, Finance, Operations, Engineering etc).
You'll have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you'll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment!
What are we looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following path to a degree level qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science.
- Initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities and able to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Confident to challenge where appropriate but willing to accept final decision is held by line manager.
- Encouraging teammate with an accurate, methodical, tidy and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer-literate (Microsoft Office). Working knowledge in R programming, JMP, Minitab, or MATLAB would be preferable.
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of GBP21,000
- Vibrant culture
- Development and mentoring
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Discounted PepsiCo products
- Competitive pension scheme
- And a whole lot more???
- Niyanee Porte
'The opportunities that PepsiCo have offered me as part of my role have been tremendous. I have been involved in multiple projects and activities on top of my day-to-day role which keeps my placement super exciting. I have met some outstanding and friendly people who I know I will keep in touch with after my placement year. The culture here is so collaborative and supportive that I'm never afraid to ask questions or ask to learn new things.'
Application Closing Date - 23rd October 2020
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible...... click apply for full job details