PepsiCo UK Industrial Placement - IT
5 days left
You've learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world's biggest brands. From day one, you'll be working on projects that matter. You'll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We're home to some of the world's favourite brands, such as Walkers, Pepsi Max, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos, Pipers, Naked, Copella, Lipton, Monster Munch and 7UP to name just a few! Our business covers the full product lifecycle from creating new flavours in our labs to dreaming up ad campaigns and delivering packs to stores. There's plenty in between too.
We build brands we are really proud of and we have a mission to create more smiles with every sip and bite. Here at PepsiCo we think like entrepreneurs. We voice opinions fearlessly. We celebrate diversity and differences. We care about growing sustainably. And we get a lot of free Doritos.
We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduates to join our IT team at our head office in Reading on a 12 month placement programme.
'I was welcomed by the friendly yet hard working and professional environment that is central to PepsiCo's culture. My work at PepsiCo has filled me with a great sense of pride and they have definitely helped me prepare for my final year at University as well as whatever my future career may hold.'
- Sophie Clark
Our UK IT team shapes, creates and delivers technology capabilities to accelerate PepsiCo's growth. We are now on the lookout for new undergraduates to join our team and help us in our mission!
On your placement you will be involved in the delivery of projects for PepsiCo UK, digitising and growing our business through innovation and change initiatives, working in an Agile methodology and using user-centric design principles.
The role will be varied but exciting and you will have the opportunity to work with different IT teams and business partners, building your skills and learning about and applying your knowledge in disciplines such as analysis techniques, requirements gathering, process mapping, testing and systems support. We encourage you to be innovative and to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our team!
We will provide on the job training so no specific systems knowledge is required. What we do require is a willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges, and a passion for innovating and providing technical solutions to business problems. We will give you the opportunity learn and grow - putting your studies and new found knowledge into practice, in a friendly and supportive environment.
What you will be doing:
- Being an active member of project team(s), supporting key IT initiatives and project deliveries
- Working with business users in other functions and technical business partners to get the job done
- Participating in documenting user stories and translating these into IT deliverables
- Opportunities to participate and even own the delivery of small changes or projects may arise
- Understanding our Change Management and Controls processes
- Owning and implementing support changes
- Getting involved in the life of our function - being involved in organising communications and social events, as well as 'Winning With Purpose' initiatives such as STEM
What are we looking for:
- A student currently in the second year of university studies, where the course includes the option of completing a sandwich placement during the third year.
- A strong desire to learn.
- A passion for IT and technology and awareness of technology trends
- An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Flexibility; the job may not always be 9-5 and travel may be required to other UK sites.
- Strong analytical skills in deriving and documenting business requirements, so ability for logical thought processes will be important.
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of GBP21,000
- Vibrant culture
- Development and mentoring
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays
- Discounted PepsiCo products
- Competitive pension scheme
- And a whole lot more???
'The opportunities that PepsiCo have offered me as part of my role have been tremendous. I have been involved in multiple projects and activities on top of my day-to-day role which keeps my placement super exciting. I have met some outstanding and friendly people who I know I will keep in touch with after my placement year. The culture here is so collaborative and supportive that I'm never afraid to ask questions or ask to learn new things.'
- Niyanee Porter
Application Closing Date - 23rd October 2020
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible...... click apply for full job details