Dental Nursing Apprentice
Dental Nursing Apprentice wanted to start ASAP
- Always dreamed of working in the dental industry?
- Are you looking to gain hands on experience as well as a qualification?
- Do you want to work close on the edge of the world’s most beautiful places, the Lake District?
If answered yes to the above we want to hear from you!
Training 2000 are delighted to be working in partnership with Strickland Gate Dental Practice based in Penrith in their search for a Dental Nursing Apprentice.
Working from a charming converted barn close to the centre of Penrith the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience in four fully equipped, state of the art treatment rooms whilst achieving on the job qualifications.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Dentist and Hygienist during all clinical procedures
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery
- Assist the Dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
- Assist the Hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerized systems
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system.
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic.
- Assisting with the preparation of patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing all images
Apply for Dental Nursing Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly