40 Hours per Week
The MET Academy is a centre for the coordination and delivery of training at Mayer Environmental, which is an established training and consultancy company and part of EMR Group. We have a proven track record in providing a range of outstanding work-based training and assessment solutions to organisations within the metals, waste, recycling and resource management sections. We offer a wide range of up to date, flexible and relevant training opportunities and are renowned for being a unique, supportive and trusted provider of consultancy and training solutions
Our Apprenticeship Officer Opportunity
As an Apprenticeship Officer you will undertake high-quality progress monitoring and review activity, as well as apprentice and employer support activity for an allocated apprentice caseload. This is to ensure a high-quality apprenticeship provision that meets industry/employer needs and requirements, motivates and engages apprentices to achieve and progress beyond
What you will be doing
• Schedule and undertake progress monitoring and review activity for an allocated apprentice caseload including monitoring and supporting apprentice's development of Maths and English skills as appropriate.
• Provide non-technical support and guidance to employers of apprentices in allocated caseload to enable them to understand and fulfil the requirements of the apprenticeship and to support their apprentice(s) to achieve.
• Consider and where appropriate approve, employer requests for an apprentice in allocated caseload to take a break in learning.
• Notify administrative staff of completions and withdrawals apprentices in allocated caseload.
• Support self-assessment and quality improvement planning activity.
• To be jointly accountable with the relevant Apprenticeship Programme Delivery Manager for the achievement of retention, achievement and success targets for apprentices in allocated caseload.
• Support the compliance of MET ACADEMY apprenticeship programme delivery with ESFA requirements and partnership lead provider requirements.
• Support the compliance of the apprenticeship programme delivery with end-point assessment organisation requirements.
• Support the implementation of outstanding Safeguarding practice (including health, safety and welfare) across MET ACADEMY's apprenticeship team, in liaison with MET ACADEMY staff with designated responsibilities for Safeguarding.
• To follow-up on and where appropriate refer any health and safety issues/concerns identified as part of apprentice progress reviews or by any other means.
• Support the integration of MET ACADEMY's apprenticeship provision into MET ACADEMY's core business.
• To contribute to apprentice on-boarding activities, e.g. sign-up activity.
- Experience of monitoring and reviewing learner/apprentice progress
- Experience of standards-based apprenticeship delivery including end-point assessment processes
- Experience of use of e-portfolio systems
- Possess a Teaching coaching or counselling qualification
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to build positive relationships across all levels of the business.
- Customer service-focused with the skills to deliver training in a practicable yet engaging way to meet business requirements.
- Commitment to and passion for the role, with a desire share knowledge, experience and best practice.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop. Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy. A pplications or speculative CV's via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability...... click apply for full job details