Geospatial Survey Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
BYLOR are looking for Geospatial Survey Technician Apprentices. During this apprenticeship we will provide full training and development in the use a wide range of technologies such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and electronic data capture tools and processes, such as Building Information Modelling.
Implement construction principles and the management of geospatial data to support the delivery of the UK's most significant infrastructure project. This role will be based at the Hinkley Point C New Nuclear Build site working for Bylor Surveyor Team.
The role will be fully supported by experienced and senior Surveyors and Engineers
- After the apprenticeship, you will be a qualified
- Geospatial Technician with significant career opportunities as the industry moves to surveying construction techniques.
The main duties and tasks are to:
- Capture geospatial information
- Take, record and document geospatial measurements to the required specification. The principles and limitations of measurement and the techniques used to gather spatial data. Be aware of the importance of co- ordinate systems, projections, transformations and datums.
- Mapping geographic information sciences with accuracy, scale, currency and fitness for purpose of hardcopy and/or digital maps, drawings, imagery and plans.
- Work with other professionals to obtain and provide geospatial information.
- Perform calculations and use geospatial data
Things to consider:
- You will need to wear safety clothing and use safety equipment and adhere to the HPC values.
- Your workplace will predominantly be on the new nuclear build project at Hinkley Point C.
- Candidates will be expected to travel to other sites and stay away from home for college attendance
- Working week is Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week.
- Transport to site is by Hinkley Point C bus, from various park & ride locations.
- Applicants will need to be aged 18+ in order to be able to gain access onto the Hinkley Point C site.
- After your apprenticeship, career and earnings progression opportunities at Hinkley Point C are exceptional
- 5 x GCSEs Grades A - C or equivalent to include
- Maths and English.
- Genuine interest in construction and technology
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Progressive innovative attitude
- The ability to work well with others
- Enjoy working outdoors as well as office based
- The ability to use your initiative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
You will also need to meet the following criteria all potential offers are subject to meeting these:
- Good communication skills
- Full mobility to enable travel to various project locations and Dudley College for training
- Ability to present to team and co-workers
- Ensures timely decision making, driven off data
- Presents a professional image
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Promotes the values of the project
- Eligibility without restrictions to work in the UK
- Be able to be vetted to Nuclear security standards. This means having a valid UK/EEU passport
- full A4 Birth Certificate with Parental Birth Certificate if required. Proof of address. Also, proof of National Insurance and be able to demonstrate a 3-year work or education history and provide a personal reference
To apply for the Apprenticeship you need to submit your application on the following website: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-539316
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.