Full Stack Software Developer Apprentice
- Produce quality code using a combination of front end and server-side languages that fulfils the requirements of the identified tasks
- Attend a daily "stand-up", these will usually be done using tools like Skype
- Produce test code for current and new features
- If appropriate, later on engage with customers in both support and training roles
- After an initial period learn about using the AWS cloud tools to manage customer sites
- In the role the successful candidate will be fully mentored by an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer).This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a business that really going places
- Applicants will ideally be a driver with access to their own transport due to remote working being a requirement of this role - exceptions may be made if the candidate has outstanding work experience or coding ability
Requirements and prospects
- Strong English and maths skills
- Able to cope with the demands of remote working and be conscientious in a role were there will not be minute to minute supervision.
- The candidate must be logical and meticulous
- Sometimes there will be pressure to complete tasks, so it is important that the candidate can engage in honest conversations regards deadlines and has the confidence to estimate future workloads
- Hardworking and proactive nature
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade A*-C (Grade 4 to 9) including English and maths
- IT or Software advantageous
- Strong future progression routes within company upon completion of the Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
Things to consider
- Flexible working hours
- Joining an experienced team
- Onsite parking
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- A wide range of internal training available including NEBOSH
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.