IT Support Apprentice
Are you passionate about helping people with their computers?
Do you like the challenge of seeing if you can find where the IT problem is and figuring out how to solve it?
This is a great opportunity to work for an established business that supplies outstanding quality IT services to customers that vary from micro-businesses and SMEs to larger organisations.Their focus is on world class service, becoming a trusted partner and an integral part of the client business.This brilliant opportunity has arisen as part of an ambitious, phased growth and expansion plan.
You will be joining a friendly team, based in Wolverhampton, which consists of the company owner / Director, IT Team, his virtual assistants, and Rosie the post dog.
What the role involves:
You will work directly with the company owner and be trained in all aspects from technical support and knowledge through to how to communicate and build good working relationships with customers. Duties to include:
- Providing 1 st line support
- Set up and maintenance of infrastructure
- Providing remote support to clients
- Setting up Office 365
- Migrating data and emails
- Implementing back-ups
- Setting up and repairing hardware
- Attending client sites on some occasions
- Any administration and new duties as required
You must have:
- Grade C or above in English & Maths, Level 2 functional skills (or equivalent qualification)
- A keen interest in anything IT related
- A thirst for learning new things
- Good oral communication skills - can talk to human beings as well as computers
- An ability to simplify technical jargon into plain English for the more technically challenged
- Good organisation skills and be a logical thinker
- A sense of humour
- Been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Useful but not essential:
- GCSE ICT or Computer Science (or other qualification but must NOT have Level 3 or above in IT apprenticeship)
- Interest in Gaming IT equipment
- Driving licence
Salary/package: There is a starting salary of GBP124 - GBP200 per week, initially 30 hours a week (Monday - Friday). You will also be supported in studying towards a Level 3 IT apprenticeship.Holiday entitlement is 28 days including statutory bank holidays.
Would suit: Apprentice, School Leaver, Graduate, IT Technician, IT Support, Helpdesk Support, 1 st Line Support.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment...... click apply for full job details