Apprentice Network Engineer
- Provide operational support including configuring, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the network's infrastructure
- Physical and remote support of Elite's data centre and exchange network
- Design, configure and deploy complex customer solutions and ensure that the customer's requirements are met
- Proactively initiate projects that build a smart, resilient and secure network which enables the business to work in a more efficient and protected way
- Take ownership of complex investigations and escalated service desk tickets to ensure that customer's requirements and SLAs are met
- Work with a variety of systems and monitoring tools that interact with a live networking environment
- Create and maintain documentation in the relevant systems, appropriate to the environment
- Drive and maintain good working practice with clear communication
- Ensure that internal and external processes and procedures are followed to guarantee a consistent and quality of service.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of JUNOS and CISCO network equipment environments
- Understanding of MPLS and related technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and can deliver high-quality work
- An aptitude and willingness to learn new technical disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for providing five-star rated customer service.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and be able to deliver high quality work with little supervision.
- An aptitude to learn new technical disciplines
- GCSE Grades A - C or 4 - 9* - English (or Functional Skills Level 2)
- GCSE Grades A - C or 4 - 9* - maths (or Functional Skills Level 2)
- It is a requirement of this role to have aLevel 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard apprenticeship or aLevel 3 ICT qualification
- Full time position
- CCNA accreditation sponsorship
Things to consider
- Opportunity for training and development
- Private Health Care Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Free breakfast and lunch onsite
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.