Workshop and Assembly Apprentice
- Manual dexterity
- Maths ‘C' or better
- Be computer literate
- Problem solving abilities
- Basic turning and milling not necessary but jig boring or grinding skills would be an advantage
Dynamic, enthusiastic, committed, someone who has wanted to be using lathes, mills etc since they were young, Someone who understands a bit about metal engineering and wants to know more. Someone whose ambition is to make things and get satisfaction from doing a job right.
Someone who keeps asking how do you do that?
What does this do?
How does that work?
And actually wants to know the answers.Desired qualifications
- English Grade C or above or equivalent
- Maths Grade C or above or equivalent
- At least one science Grade C or above
- Any other subject Grade C or equivalent or above preferably a technical discipline
- Candidates must have or be working towards a Lvl 2 Intermediate apprenticeship.
Fully trained in one of the above areas, and growth within the manufacturing industry!Things to consider
Our factory is a 5 minute walk from Egham train station although ideally students would live within commuting distance with some form of transport.
Standing all day every day, Time pressures and making things to exact specifications. With some jobs in imperial sizes and some in metric sizes.
From the 1st April 2017 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £3.70 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.