At any given moment, Barclays is a hive of activity and opportunity. A couple gets their first mortgage, or uses a credit card to finance a family holiday. In the same breath, a business agrees the asset financing for a new fleet of vehicles, or our team raises debt financing for a county’s new university. It’s all happening at once, every minute of the day. To maintain that real time activity around the world, across both investment and retail banking, you need smooth-running, constantly improving systems behind the scenes. Payments need to be processed. Credit card systems need to be maintained. Trades, equity transactions, debt financing – you name it – it has to be checked, double-checked, and swiftly processed. That essential work, encompassing absolutely everything we do, is down to the Operations team. Put simply, they’re the heartbeat of the bank.
Who thrives here
The Operations team is the key to a career full of possibility, where you’ll be in touch with and highly valued by the whole bank. Here’s what we’re looking for in new graduates joining our team:
- You love finely detailed data – breathe it, even
- You’re tech savvy, hunting out what’s new on the market and how it can improve what you do
- You adapt to change - in fact, you push for it
- You’re a curious, creative disruptor: you’re not content with the status quo if there’s a way to do it better
- You’re not just customer-driven but customer-obsessed: you’ll want to make our processes better for the end user
- You’re happy talking to anyone - turning complex data into easily understood insights
- You’ll pore over the tiniest details, making sure nothing’s been missed.
How you'll develop
Our clients and customers should expect nothing less than excellence. That’s why you can expect the very best training, development, leadership, mentoring and support to help you become the very best in banking.
The Initial Training Programme (ITP) will provide you with a strong foundation of technical and business knowledge to start building your career. Next, the Barclays Academies are your gateway to learning and development. They offer an extensive range of learning resources covering business specific skills, personal development programmes and leadership development. And our Digital Immersion programme gives all colleagues the skills to make the most of our expanding digital world.
What’s more, we want to understand and support your individual career goals. We offer various opportunities to gain professional qualifications – dependent on the programme that you join.
There’s also the chance to obtain an external accreditation in Process Improvement tools and techniques.