IT Support Technician Apprentice
Are you an aspiring IT Technician looking to start a career within a well-established and evolving company?
iTek Computer Solutions are a professional IT Company founded in 2009. Based in Kendal and part of the inTec Business Solutions group, they offer innovative, reliable computer support and consultancy services to a range of successful businesses in south Cumbria and north Lancashire.
Their friendly and forward-thinking engineers provide full IT expertise, taking care of the day to day running of clients systems. With in-depth experience across a broad spectrum of industries. An Apple specialist and Microsoft Certified Partner, from wired to wireless they keep people connected.
Due to business demand, they are expanding their already amazing team - Looking for a hardworking and motivated individual with a love for all things IT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fixing and maintaining equipment such as laptops and PCs.
- Working alongside their lead engineer in workshop repairs.
- Providing first-line support via remote assistance.
- Participating in site visits to help resolve and fix IT issues.
- Helping with ad-hoc duties such as answering the telephone.
Friendly support and full training will be provided by both iTek Computer Solutions and Baltic Apprenticeships throughout your apprenticeship.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- GCSE in Maths grade 4 (C) or higher.
- Passion for IT.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience uploading software.
- Experience using hand tools such as a screw driver and plyers due to cabling.
- Foundation Level IT Knowledge.
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals.
- An understanding or Windows Servers.
- Basic understanding of backups.
- Working on VOIP.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of Networking / Routing.
Salary, hours and holidays
- GBP11,700 per year.
- Working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- 08:45 to 17:00.
- Including 28 days holiday.
- Nearby parking and good access to public transport.
With the opportunity to be offered a full-time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!..... click apply for full job details