Apprentice ICT Technician
- Provide 1st Line support through our ICT Service desk system. To include logging and prioritisation of support calls
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- Work with the ICT Infrastructure Technician to build and configure new hardware
- Install and maintain computer hard, client, laptops, audio / visual equipment and peripherals
- Assist with the expansion of the company network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment
- Routine administration including backups, Active Directory maintenance, Intranet, Website Hosting
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the company development policy
- Maintain up to date workstation images and deploying them where necessary
- To keep abreast of technological devlopment's and encourage the use of ICT at all levels
- To support staff with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
- To support staff with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the company.
- To be aware of the company's health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by the Director of Information Systems.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of installing and maintaining PC hardware and software
- Experience of Microsoft operating systems and Office packages
- Experience of supporting end users
- Experience of troubleshooting network faults
- Good working level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of learning platforms
- Experience of managing social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Internet and e-mail management
- Experience of website maintenance and management
- Experience of using and preparing audio/visual equipment
- Awareness of the latest developments and innovations in ICT
- Located within reasonable commuting distance to Fareham
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to take initiative
- Demonstrate good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise under pressure
- The appetite to make a contribution to the lives of the students, parents and the community that the company will support
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Be well motivated and hardworking and above all reliable
- Level 3 BTEC in IT AND relevant experience or Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship required
- GCSEs A*-C / 9-4 in maths and English or level 2 functional skills equivalent
- Progression routes within the company for the right candidate
- Internal training and progression will be available
Things to consider
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site car parking
- Employee lead company
- Joining a small and friendly ICT team
Please note all applicants will be required to attend a pre-entry interview with PETA before an application can be progressed.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Please be aware that this rate changes every year on 1 April and reference should be made to www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for further information.