Trainee Cyber Security Associate (IT Degree Apprenticeship)
Vacancy – Trainee Cyber Security Associate (IT Degree Apprenticeship), Brighton Office
The Riverstone IT department are looking to recruit an apprentice to complete a 4-year Degree level apprenticeship programme whilst gaining valuable work experience.
The successful candidate will be enrolled on the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Cyber Security Analyst) degree course at the University of Chichester, enabling them to gain a full honours degree, as well as four years of real industry experience working in our Brighton office. You will be expected to attend regular training at Chichester University (Bognor Regis campus) on a set day once a week.
You will have exposure to the technical implementation of the IT Security controls based on current security policies. You will be working with other teams in IT to develop an understanding of how cyber security impacts everyone.
Day-to-day activities of the role include:
• Responding to IT security incidents with the support of the security team and answering security questions in timely and accurate manner
• Assisting the team in improvements to IT Security reporting to improve risk reporting and transparency of IT security controls
• Providing assistance towards projects and tasks as they arise
• Provide support & assistance to technical support team & helpdesk as required
Key requirements include:
• A genuine interest in digital and technology solutions, particularly in cyber security
• Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• 3 good A Levels (or equivalent), ideally in Maths, ICT or similar
The apprenticeship ultimately offers a permanent role with RiverStone and following graduation you will have an opportunity to further develop your career within the business (subject to satisfactory performance).
We offer a competitive package which includes a starting salary of £17,000 per annum, up to 20% annual performance bonus, £500 net annual well-being allowance and 25 days’ holiday plus bank holiday.