Commis Chef Apprentice
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Somerset Larder currently have an opportunity for 2 Apprentice Commis Chefs to join their team working on the Hinkley Point C Project.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our team as an apprentice Commis Chef. The successful candidate will undertake a range of duties, which include:
- Preparing food
- Helping serve customers or responding to personal dietary needs
- General cleaning duties
- Taking deliveries as and when required
- Ensuring good food hygiene
- Ensuring excellent food production and preparation
- The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE in the range of 9-3 (A* to E), including English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- Individuals who have not yet achieved English and maths at GCSE Grade D / Functional Skills Level 1 (or equivalent qualification) or above will need to do so in order to complete this Apprenticeship.
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Good prep skills beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.