Accounting Tax Apprenticeship (Sept 2021 Start / East Midlands)
Are your graduate or school leaver looking for a role/ apprenticeship in Sept 2021?
- Are you passionate, curious, energetic?
- Have a love of numbers, analytics and problem solving.
- Can think beyond the here and now and take a “birds eye view” of things.
- Love building relationships whether it’s with your team or strangers.
- Want to work for one of the best companies to work for in the UK and the UK's Best Tax Employer (we have the awards to prove it)
If you answered yes to the above, then you are just the type or person we would love to talk to you about Graduate Careers in our Tax Team starting in Sept 2021
We are flexible on where you are based and working remotely is always embraced here, jusy as long as you are happy to travel to our Castle Donnington/East Midlands office when needed so you can be with our awesome Tax team as you learn and develop
We’re killing it....
We are one of the fastest growing accountancy firms in the UK and we have the awards to prove it. In 2020 we were voted as the 8th Best Place to Work in the UK by the Sunday Times and were previously voted Best Company in Europe in the European Engagement Awards and Employer of the year at the Tolley’s Tax Awards
Why? Because we are leaving the dull old ways of accountancy behind, making our own rules, and always putting our people at the heart of our success.
What you'll be up to
We have roles available across our tax team so we don’t always expect you to know which area will be right for you; our amazing team here will help to guide you on that journey and really find which area will play to your strengths
Team duties vary, but day to day you could be:
- Working in small teams to really understand our clients and what they want to achieve. Then advising them on how to get there
- Turning complex jargon into simple terms and actions for our brilliant clients
- Making sure our clients are compliant by preparing and submitting their tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC around tax returns and gaining tax reliefs
- Generating new ideas, solutions and spotting opportunities to enhance our client offering
- Studying for your ATT/CTA or ACA/CTA Chartered Qualification and keeping up to date with changes to legislation and the impact they may have on our clients
- Supporting and coaching other trainees as you progress - going on to own a small portfolio of clients.
- We’ll make sure you’re challenged and supported every step of the way with your career development.
What we're looking for
You need great attention to detail, a passion for numbers, can think on your feet and problem solve as you go. As the major part of our work is client based, you need to be comfortable approaching clients and asking questions and really build relationships with them.
We look for people who:
- Are curious. Who love asking questions and are great at listening to the answers
- Take ownership of their own development
- Like working at pace with an insatiable hunger to succeed
- Are curious to find the best way of doing things
- Can deliver a brilliant client experience
- Aren’t afraid of failure and can turn mistakes into learnings
- Act with integrity and authenticity leaving their ego at the door
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Play all in to support the wider team
To help set people up for success we prefer students to have a minimum of 112 UCAS points, however – drive and ambition is just as important! As such we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
What's in it for you...
At Cooper Parry our mindset is simple. We only do things if we believe we can be No.1.We start doing that by putting our people at the heart of our culture. Why? Pretty simple really… if our people love working here then then they do amazing work. That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salaries aligned to Big firms
- Open holidays
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- No dress code - just “Wear something!”
- Incredible ongoing development and career growth
- A truly flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients - “Work from Anywhere, Forever”
- Study Support /leave and Professional memberships
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cooper Parry Social/Sports Clubs
- Some of the most impressive offices in the UK
- Regular Social events
- Volunteering/ charity days
Are we a match?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Cooper Parry and it’s really important we recruit like-minded individuals into our teams.
Play all in – we are committed, engaged and driven
In it together – we believe in all for one and one for all
Be Nice – we are kind, humble and authentic
Be Brave – we are bold, entrepreneurial and rebellious
Keep Learning – we explore, discover and are curious
A little more about life at CP….
We are challenging grey...
We are challenging boring. We are challenging status quo. Our people engagement scores are through the roof – our people are fully engaged in everything we do - from how we embrace technology and workplace design to how we create innovative and flexible working patterns that have a positive impact on the service our clients receive and on the lives of our people. Our culture is who we are and it genuinely shapes our strategy and the experience for our clients. The way in which we operate and the incredible environment we are building is hugely advantageous to those wanting to combine a career in practice with an unrivalled culture and personal growth opportunity.
We are building a truly modern workplace culture...
We’ve always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress (our only rule is ‘wear something’) to when you work (we have no ‘core hours’) and how often you holiday (we have open holiday). We have just introduced another game-changing element we call ‘Work From Anywhere. Forever’ (WFAF!). We now give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, and potentially from anywhere, giving our people the trust and accountability to deliver to the required standards.
Play to your strengths, we say. Create a role you’re truly passionate about. Then, work flexibly to design a life that’s right for you.
Tired of the draining experience in your current firm? It’s different here. Read our culture book for yourself https://flipcarten.com/culture-book/mobile/index.html #makelifecount
Find out more about us here: