Financial Services Apprenticeship with Marsh
Kick start your career with a Professional Apprenticeship at Marsh! The successful candidate will gain a recognised CII qualification whilst earning a competitive salary.
With a strong focus on delivering outstanding customer service, you will work with a range of clients from independent traders to national, blue-chip corporations, to meet their insurance requirements and risk management solutions. Partnering with and supporting colleagues (including Client Managers and Executives), you will provide assistance with insurance queries and renewals, document issues and case planning. We also have other opportunities focused on data management, Management Information and Analytics if this is an alternative route you wish to consider.
- Request and analyse underwriting information.
- Prepare and submit market presentations and slips (as required) under direction from the Client Executive and/or Team Leader
- Collate renewal terms from Insurers and summarise for the Client Executive
- Identify trends in market and competitor data and submit to Client Executive and/or Team Leader.
- Manage premium billing, collection, settlement in accordance with company targets.
- Produce and/or request Insurer documentation as per legislative and regulatory requirements
- Prepare renewal invitations and letters as requested.
- Issue Summaries of Insurance from placement information under direction
- Act as first point of contact within service team for day to day client insurance queries
- Amend changes to risk during the life of the policy if necessary
- Attend Insurer meetings as requested
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Marsh offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Training to be Provided
As a Financial Services Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Insurance Practitioner level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is aligned to the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and uses an innovative and flexible approach to demonstrating competency in the workplace. Completion of the apprenticeship will result in the awarding of the Certificate in Insurance from the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute).
The apprenticeship will be studied using our Online Classroom, supported by our award winning Virtual Learning Environment.
Competent user of Microsoft Office
Personal Qualities Required
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ambitious and hard working
- Team player
- Willingness to complete industry qualification
Minimum of 104 UCAS points from top 3 A Levels (predicted or achieved), plus minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including maths and English or equivalent qualifications