Assistant Management Accountant - Aerospace
Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to analyse the performance and position of the business and to provide appropriate financial information and insights, highlighting improvements to the senior management team, thus helping to drive the business' overall management and strategy.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.As an Assistant Management Accountant your skills, qualifications and competencies will ideally include:
- Part Qualified CIMA is highly desirable, minimum experience requires part qualified ACCA or AAT.
- Experience of working within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrable Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills eg. Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP
- Experience of working under strict deadlines without compromising on quality (eg. month end)
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Previous experience of using ERP system and Group reporting system desirable.
- Performing monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and posting journals
- Preparing and collating information for various monthly disclosures for Group reporting, and uploading monthly packs into Group reporting system
- Analysis of operating costs and forecasting
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and perform variance analysis
- Inventory accounting, including reconciliation of stock accounts, periodic independent audit of cycle counts, testing demand/supply quantities for aged inventory items
- Roll forward of monthly and year-end reporting packages and annual statutory accounts
- Liaising with external and internal auditors to provide them with required information
- Providing support to the wider finance teams in Operations, Business Development and Sector to collate and prepare monthly reporting packs
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Head of Financial Accounting
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.