Clothing & Home Buying and Merchandising Apprenticeship (Level 4)
Are you interested in Fashion and keen to get your foot on the ladder with M&S? We hold ourselves to a very high standard here at M&S. That much has never changed. Our attention to detail, forward thinking and passion for improvement has led to the creation of some of the nation’s most loved products. But a rapidly changing world demands that we change along with it. M&S has been at the forefront of social change for the past 136 years, and we’re determined to keep it that way. Setting bolder goals and giving our people the space and resources to achieve them.
What is the apprenticeship?
Our Buying & Merchandising Apprenticeship runs for 16 months in partnership with the Fashion Retail Academy. 20% of your time will be spent training either at the FRA or at the M&S Support Centre. There’ll be a mixture of webinars, group workshops, individual progress review and online learning. The other 80%; of your time you’ll be part of a Buying or Merchandising team at M&S. After 16 months you’ll have a further 3-6 months before completing the End Point Assessment for the apprenticeship.
Buying and Merchandising roles are quite different so make sure know which is for you as we’ll ask you to specify in your application which it is you’re interested in. Here’s a summary of the roles:
Buying Admin Assistant
The role of a BAA is to help the Buyer & Assistant Buyer to develop and deliver a commercial and profitable range that maximises sales opportunity, in line with our customer profile. To be a great BAA you’ll have a passion for products and desire to learn about the brand and customer. You’re also a good communicator and influencer.
Merchandising Admin Assistant
The role of an MAA is to manage key IT systems to ensure up to date and accurate information is entered and maintained. Also performing analysis and reporting on sales, stock, commitment, intake, markdown and margin as directed by the AM & Merchandiser. To be a great MAA you need to be highly organised with attention to detail when performing tasks and the ability to anticipate and manage. You’ll also need to be comfortable with data and spreadsheets. You need strong numerical and analytical skills .
To apply for this scheme you will need a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths & English.
If this sounds like the role for you and you have an interest in Buying or Merchandising, click apply.